Kochi, Kerala 682024
Performing concerts, research and guidance to aspirants of carnatic music.
Training in music
Advanced training in Indian Classical Music (Carnatic style) Vocal, under SUGUNA VARADACHARI, (Dept of Indian Music, University of Madras) and T.M.KRISHNA
State Award – Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy “Yuva Prathibha Puraskaaram’ 2010 for simultaneous contribution in Music research and performance.
Guest Faculty at “Kerala Kalamandalam” – www.kalamandalam.org – premier centre for Theater and Music in India which still maintains the age old ‘Gurkul’ Tradition. (Residential campus – practical training with importance to teacher student interaction, repertoires along with Theory ) 2008-2009. Exposure to training foreign students also.
Part time Faculty at Unnayi Warrier Smaraka Kalanilayam” – Government funded institute to revive the indigenous classical art forms – August 2004 to April 2008.
Actively involved in concerts
Working on a project to document ‘Brahmanippatu’ a dying musical ritual of kerala and also to come out with a short film on the subject.
Contributing articles in journals.
Involved in composing kriti-s
Ph.D in Music from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (2010)
M A (Indian Music) from University of Madras (2003)
Passed UGC NET (2005)
Concerts/Performances – to list a few
Chembur Fine Arts Mumbai
Bhandup Fine Arts Mumbai
Sri Shanmukhananda Bharateeya sangeeta vidyalaya, Mumbai
“Sruthilayam” an exclusive TV show dedicated to Classical music in Amritha TV.
Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple, Kerala – annual Temple festival.
Sri Chembai memorial Trust, Trivandrum.
Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan- Navaratri Festival, Trivandrum.
Kerala Kalamandalam, Navaratri festival.
Sabarimala Pampa Sangamam.
Kalppathy Rathotsavam, Palakkad
Sree Koodalmanickom Temple, Kerala – annual festival
Sree Kalahasthi Temple, (Andhra Pradesh) – Festival concert
SOPANAM – A Centre for Art, Mumbai
Sri Emoor Bhagavathy Temple, Palakkad.
Kodungallur Bhagavathy Temple, Kerala – ‘Thalappoli festival’
Thriprayar Sree Rama Temple, Kerala.
Neeranjali hall, Thrissur – Navarathri Festival.
Paramekkavu Bhagavathy Temple Navarathri Mandapam, Thrissur.
Mannadi Pazhayakavu Devi Kshetram, Kerala.
Tyagaraja aradhana, Padmasri auditorium – Calicut.
Tanjore Malayalee Samajam.
Nungambakkam Cultural Academy, T.Nagar, Chennai.
Karaneeswarar Kovil, Saidapet, Chennai.
Kadumbadiyamman Kovil, Saidapet Chennai,
Raghavendra Temple, Temple, T.Nagar, Chennai.
Yajna Jyothi Trust, Vadapalani, Chennai.
Mahalingapuram Ayyappa-Guruvayoorappa temple, Chennai.
· International Seminar – Poster presentation at the Indian Musicological Society conference, at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai, India (2011).
· National Seminar on Music – Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (2007)
· All Kerala Oriental Conference – University of Calicut, Kerala, (2007)
· National Conference on New Horizons of Indological Research – Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (2009)
· “Brahmanippattu – A unique musical ritual of Kerala”; published in the Shanmukha Cultural Journal of Sri. Shanmukhananda Fine Arts & Sangeetha Sabha (Regd.); Bombay. Vol.XXXVI, No: 2; April – June 2010.
· “History of Saveri”; article published in the Samakalika Sangeetham –Bilingual half yearly Journal for Music, Kerala. Issue No: 9, October 2010.
· “Bhava of Saveri in Kathakali Sangeetam”; published in the Shanmukha Cultural Journal of Sri. Shanmukhananda Fine Arts & Sangeetha Sabha (Regd.); Bombay. Vol.XXXVIII, No: 2; April – June 2012.
Sex : Female
Nationality : Indian
Passport Number : E8903356
Age & Date of Birth : 39 years, 10-02-1976
Sruti (Pitch) : 5 ½ (G# )
Languages known : English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil
Dr. K. G. Poulose – Ex-Vice Chancellor, Kerala Kalamandalam Deemed University, Vallathol Nagar, Thrissur District, Kerala, India.
TEL- 00 91 488 4263440, MOBILE- 00 91 9846041205
Dr. Preethy kamath – Head of Department of Music, Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam District, Kerala, INDIA.
TELE: (0091 484) 2463380: 0091 9447179406; E-mail: email@example.com
B.Balasubrahmaniyan – Adjunct Assistant Professor, Music Department, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT 06459, USA
Work:860-685-2577, Fax: 860-685-2651; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prabhavathy P N